Lere Oyewumi and Oluseyi Fabiyi have both emerged victorious as Osun West and Osun Central Senatorial District candidates, respectively, of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Monday’s primary election.
The PDP primary election was held on Monday to elect candidates for the State House and National Assembly elections in the 2023 general elections.
In the postponed Ife East Senatorial District primary election that was held on Tuesday, Senator Adenigba Fadahunsi defeated Gbenga Onigbogi by 187 votes to 137 votes to emerge the PDP candidate.
Oyewumi defeated his close rivals, Peter Babalola and Dele Adeleke in the Osun Central Senatorial District PDP primary election to clinch the party ticket for the second consecutive time, having contested in 2019.
On his part, Fabiyi defeated a former Osun PDP chairman, Gani Olaoluwa and former Chairman of Irepodun Local Government, Kamarudeen Ajisafe to become the PDP standard bearer for Osun Central Senatorial District.
DAILY POST had earlier reported the reason for the postponement of the PDP Primary in Osun East Senatorial District.
Meanwhile, Lukman Kayode Mudashir and Taofeek Abimbola Ajilesoro won the primaries for Iwo, Ayedire, Olaoluwa and Ife Federal Constituencies.
Other winners of the PDP primaries for the Osun House of Assembly have also emerged. They include:
1. Egbedore State Constituency – Rotimi Ogunrinade
2. Ede South State Constituency – Taofeek Olayiwola
3. Ayedire State Constituency – Oderinwale Elisha
4. Olorunda State Constituency – Ajibola Olaide Kolawole
5. Boluwaduro State Constituency – Abayomi Aina
6. Ejigbo State Constituency – Olujimi Asagade
7. Ife North State Constituency – Abidemi Akinyode
8. Ayedaade State Constituency – Folorunso Ogundare